Elsie | Outside Reveal

I can't even count the number of hours I spent working on Elsie last week. The fabric arrived on Tuesday - yay! I cut and sewed all the cushions Wednesday and then cut, ironed and sewed all the curtains on Thurs. Saturday I spent the entire day repainting the interior (in +30 heat) and then spent all day Sunday painting the exterior in +33 heat which with the humidity was over 40 degrees. It was nuts. I could only paint around 6 inches before it started drying.

I am so sick of painting but I am so pleased with the results! If you recall, here is what she looked like before.



And here is what she looks like now!





Loving it! The white is Tremclad gloss white and the yellow and blue are Rust Coat. I definitely recommend the Rust Coat brand as it was the only one I could get tinted, it was $5 cheaper and it went on the best.


The tall one is still working on finding replacement tail lights. I told him I preferred the 2 L Pepsi bottle with Tuck Tape. I said it added character. He didn't agree.


I can't wait to hitch her up and take on the highway all pretty :) Tonight I set up a work light and finished putting up curtain rods and hanging curtains. I also put all of the cushions in. It's looking so lovely... I'm going to make you wait until most everything is put in before you get to see those pics. 


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! That is just cute-a-licious!! Awesome job! Can't wait to see the inside.

    *yes, I am a little jealous, LOL!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm so happy with how it turned out. The inside is looking even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! We just purchased a vintage camper back in August and we are currently fixing her up:) Can't wait to check in on your progress from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts