Roll On Eighteen Wheeler!

"Roll on highway, roll on along
Roll on daddy till you get back home
Roll on family, roll on crew
Roll on momma like I asked you to do
And roll on eighteen-wheeler roll on (roll on)"
~ Alabama

That song has always had a special place in my heart. My dad has intermittently been a truck driver for most of my life and in the past 5 years or so my mom has joined him. Yes, my mom can drive that big a%$ truck :)

A couple of years ago we were having difficulty backing our camper into the site. Dean wasn't having any luck. Mom suggested, "Let me do it," and I spied two men in the opposite campsite congregate and chuckle as if to say "yeah, like she'll be able to park it."

Mom whipped it perfectly into place in one shot (cause it's a whole lot smaller than her semi trailer!) and I then chuckled at the dumbfounded looks on the faces of the men watching.

My parents called at 7 am this morning and said they'd be driving through Estevan in a couple of hours and had time for breakfast. Woot woot. The boy one was so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa's semi truck for the first time!

The girl one, hanging out with the puppies in the bunk.

Top bunk (being used for storage). I think it'd be sweet to sleep up there locked in with the "roll cage" strapped around you!


The boy one mastering the GPS.


After we brought them home for breakfast the kids took off for a ride with the g-parents and I followed in our truck.

Absolutely elated to be allowed to blow the semi horn as much as he wants!


Our ride is all done! Time for G'ma and G'pa to head south. We should have stowed away to where it wasn't raining anymore.

Making the "toot your horn" gesture! ha ha.

So glad they finally got a run through our neck of the woods. The Kai one loved playing in the semi and he'll be excited to add these pics to the frame by his bed :)


Comments

Popular Posts