Thursday, January 15, 2015

Find the Fallen Shout Out



I’m going to jump completely out of my comfort zone today and write a little about music! Here’s my list of disclaimers:
- I know very little about the technical side of music
- I can not at this time play any instruments
- I find it very challenging to sing on key

ALL that said… I LOVE to worship. In the past years I’ve come from being the person who rarely had music on ever (and would turn off music in my friend’s houses) to having my favourite worship music playing in our home a good chunk of our day. So, it is in that spirit that I want to give a little shout out to the band Find the Fallen out of Yorkton, SK!

My husband (the tall one) has known FTF’s frontman Jon Tieszen since Kindergarten and even though they started out as mortal enemies with nothing but hate for one another they eventually grew to love each other like brothers and ended up roommates through Bible College and beyond. I even owe Jon and Crystal’s (vocals/keys) wedding for lighting a wee little fire under the tall one’s butt to buy me a ring and were blessed when Jon and Crystal sang at our wedding before they were famous Covenant Award nominees. Oh - didn’t I mention that? Well, they are. They were recently nominated for Rock Album of the Year for their debut album as well as Collaboration of the Year with Fresh I.E. 

See. Famous. 

In addition to those two stars, Dustin Wilson (Lead Guitar), Kyle Brewer (Drums), and Troy Janzen (Bass) come together to make up Find the Fallen. Their debut album is titled Shooting Stars and Satellites and is a diverse album that takes you on a journey through squealing guitar driven rock, authentic modern worship and uplifting get your body moving pop.  

It really is that diverse and there is something there for everyone. I specifically was drawn most to their song “All Around” as I sensed such an authentic heart for our Father and His glory. 

I had a chance to get a little insight into their writing process and their heart for this band. They very much collaborate as a whole team and have learned to not hold onto their own ideas too tightly as every song is very much a group process that continually evolves as each of them contributes. 

I love that each song in and of itself is a testimony as to who God is, though the band takes it even further in their concerts where not only do they perform but they create a worship atmosphere that invites attendees to participate as well as respond to God. Whatever your taste in music one has to appreciate bands that pave the way for Christ to be glorified in every genre and FTF is a part of that movement. 

If you’re interested in taking a listen you can check them out at ReverbNation as well as on iTunes (and wherever else you buy your music!)




No comments:

Post a Comment